According to our resident maternity fashion expert Robin Otto, “Pregnancy is the perfect time to explore your style.” In the spirit of our Maternity Fashion Week kicking off today, we took a look at some of the celebs with the best pregnancy style.
From rocker Gwen Stefani’s edgy attire to Princess Kate’s timeless charm, moms-to-be everywhere will find inspiration for their own personal look from these always well-dressed ladies.
Here are zulily’s top 10 Stylish Pregnant Celebrities:
- Kate Middleton: She was as stylish as ever during her pregnancy, making maternity fashion a huge buzz around the world.
- Heidi Klum: We loved all the fabulous looks Heidi wore during her pregnancies. Of course being a supermodel is an added bonus to making maternity fashion look effortless.
- Olivia Wilde: Actress Olivia Wilde looks as chic as ever with her pregnant style and we love that she is never afraid to show off her bump.
- Reese Witherspoon: The beautiful Southern belle always looked sweet and elegant throughout her three pregnancies. We loved her sense of style and how she was never afraid to wear color.
- Ciara: Singer Ciara does a great job of balancing fitted items with larger overcoats and cardigans to maintain a modern, polished look.
- Jessica Alba: Known for a modified maternity style, Jessica preferred elegant and timeless looks to spandex and loud prints.
- Kourtney Kardashian: Kourtney’s usual effortless bohemian chic style was executed perfectly throughout her pregnancy, even with the non-stop presence of camera crews.
- Kate Hudson: We love that Kate maintained her free spirited fashion sense during her pregnancy.
- Gwen Stefani: This rocker was able to remain edgy and cool while pregnant. We love that she wears true maternity wear, like HATCH maternity, and not regular clothes a few sizes up.
- Halle Berry: Whether Halle was rocking a baldhead or a baby bump, she constantly radiated beauty while carrying.
So how did all of these pregnant stars remain looking runway ready? Robin tells us that, “Despite having drastically different styles, all of these fashionable moms were able to encompass a few key styling tips while dressing for maternity.”
Here are her top tips for expecting mothers to follow:
- Explore your Style: You have an excuse to build a new wardrobe that you will continue to wear three to six months after the baby. Try exploring new concepts, such as a tunic and leggings or a form-fitting top with a maxi skirt.
- Try Color: When you’re pregnant, there is nothing better than to show off your new glow that pops of color so work with your skin tone to find colors that suit you. Corals and tones of purple look best on all skin tones.
- Show off your Assets: V-necks, or other low necklines, are flattering on expecting mothers. They can also help you feel sexier in your skin if you feel like you’re swimming in baggy maternity wear. Also, don’t be afraid to draw attention to your most fabulous asset, the baby bump! Confidence in your new body is the best accessory to flaunt.