2 posts tagged spring break
Are you one of the lucky ones with a mid-Winter break? Or perhaps you are just fantasizing about Spring Break already and heading to some place a bit warmer? Before you head off for your big adventure with kids in tow, check out these handy tips to get you there smoothly! Also, be sure to check out our three day event starting today with everything you’ll need for the trip.
- Arrive early to board first. Many airlines allow people traveling with strollers or small children to board first. For example, JetBlue Airways lets travelers with children under age 2 on board first, while Virgin America, Delta Air Lines and US Airways allow anyone with small children have first place. Check your airline’s website ahead of time to see what their practices are.
- Research the airline you are flying beforehand to see if your stroller will count as an additional bag. Many of them have you check it at the gate right as you board.
- Check car seats at the gate rather than with luggage to ensure it arrives in still-working.
- Put essentials in a small enough carry-on that it won’t ever need to be checked at a gate. We’ve heard horror tales of parents who stashed all their essentials in a carry-on bag only to have it checked to the final destination upon boarding. The same trip found them stranded overnight at a mid-stop airport without even a diaper bag! Be prepared, stay prepared.
- Pack all liquids and gels, like formula and diaper cream, in a clear, zippered bag. Tuck it into an outside pouch of your carry-on bag so you can plop it easily in the bin next to your purse and shoes when going through security.
- Pack yummy snacks in compressible containers so you can flatten them neatly once your hungry vacationer has gobbled her way through all three bowls of cereal.
- Pack a few new books or toys and pace introducing them to keep your tot engaged.
- Take along a few $5 gift cards for a coffee shop to hand out to nearby passengers if fussing.
What are some of your best-kept travel tips for flying with little ones?
Style Me | Spring Break Edition
Pack your tote bags, we’re going nautical. Polka dots, stripes, reds, whites, and blues. This timeless style is a fave for spring break around these parts!
No matter where you go for spring vacation, from Nantucket to your backyard, your little one can imagine they’re sailing out to sea with some of the pieces on zulily today.