School Days Snack Recipe
Whether your child is learning online or in a classroom, it’s always fun to get creative with snack time. This delicious after-school snack recipe for graham cracker rulers is quick, simple and flexible. It’s a great learning activity, too.
Graham cracker rulers ingredients:
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla frosting (homemade or store-bought)
- Pretzel sticks
- Rainbow or chocolate sprinkles
Inspire future chefs with great pantry essentials and snacks. Challenge your children to invent more school-themed snack recipes using new ingredients or at-hand items, such as crackers or carrots.
- Break the graham crackers along the perforated lines to create rectangular ruler shapes
- Frost one side of each graham cracker
- Break pretzel sticks to desired lengths (we recommend 1/4- to 1/2-inch long.)
- Alternate placing pretzel sticks and sprinkles along the edge (4 sprinkles between each pretzel stick, as shown above, works well).
- Serve on your favorite snacking dishware along with a healthy beverage — and sit down together to chat about your day!
Expand your snack recipe collection. Take photographs of completed creations. Write down recipes and store in a book. Schedule weekly “Kitchen Time” into your family plans or routines, so children can develop”gourmet” cooking skills and (perhaps) an interest in tasting new foods and flavor combinations.
After enjoying a great snack recipe, there’s more parenting fun on The Find. Inspire little learners with with tips and fun facts about letter-writing, and encourage summer reading by creating an inviting space.