Ready to Think About Back-to-Class?
Focusing on Summer Right Now?
You’re not alone. For many, this summer is about taking a road trip or making the most of a staycation. Here’s one helpful way to make the most of your July and August plans: Make a summer calendar or schedule.
It’s so satisfying to have something fun on the agenda, so you have a reward in view on those doldrum days. An epic getaway vacation may not be in the cards, but here are a few things to add fun to the summer months.
- Plan a backyard camping adventure.
- Set a date for a day trip to an in-state park or landmark.
- Create a summer reading plan for the whole family. Then, decide on a prize for most books or hours read (adjust for ages and reading levels).
- Learn to make your own ice cream, modeling clay or giant bubble-blowing liquid at home.
Ready to Think School Supplies?
If you want to get a head start on whatever the fall will bring, we get that, too. Shop to get the ball rolling early. Here’s where to find tips for planning PLUS a fun-filled Back to School checklist. And here are a few more getting-ready ideas.
- Give someone’s bookshelf a DIY upgrade.
- Review communications from schools, sports and childcare programs. Note their planned dates for fall announcements so you can check back at the right time.
- Start looking for deals on technology you’re likely to need for any learning arrangement. Think calculators, USB drives, chargers and headphones.